Monday, March 21, 2011

Sheep Trail Walk and Snow


Yesterday Bill and I went for a walk on the sheep trail that goes across our property.  I guess first I should explain the sheep trail.  Sheep and cows are herded up the mountain for grazing during the spring and summer.  Come fall they bring them down the mountain to spend the winter in the flats.  When they bring them down they have a parade and herd the sheep down Main Street for the Cedar City Livestock & Heritage Festival http://www.cedarlivestockfest.com

It was cold, windy and muddy but I did get some beautiful photos along the trail.  On the way back I took a photo of our house nestled into the mountains.  Whitey fell asleep on my lap with her nose resting on my laptop.  Later that night we could see angry clouds coming our way.  It has been snowing non stop since 8:00am.  They said less than 1" of snow if it keeps going like this we will have a couple feet of snow by tonight.

We will NOT be going into town today.  Instead I think I will do some reading and work on my craft room.  I will also have to help Mr. Plow aka Bill plow the drive sometime today.

Wishing you all a Happy Warm Spring Day
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips