Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fiesta Corn

When you think of corn what's the first thing that comes to mind. For me it's hot summer days, serving corn on the cob at a family BBQ.  Then I realize I don't use corn in recipes very often. I will add corn to my cornbread and I have put it in soup.

This past weekend I made this corn dish using bell peppers and jalapeños that I had on hand. The fresh lime brightens the dish.  It's a warm corn salad.




















Fiesta Corn

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasonings
pinch of cayenne
1 16oz bag frozen corn, thawed
zest and juice from one lime
handful of cilantro, rough crop

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add red and green bell peppers, onions, jalapeño, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cajun seasonings, sauté for 5 minutes. Add corn and heat through completely. Add lime zest, lime juice and cilantro; stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips