Thursday, December 1, 2011

Decorating for Christmas and Cranberry Relish

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had great company, perfect weather and the food was the best.  But now it's time to get ready for Christmas.  Anna and I took down all the Thanksgiving decorations and started to put up the Christmas decorations.  

The mantle between the first and second story was the perfect place for my Snowman collection.




I will be sharing some of our family favorite recipes and the first one is my Cranberry Orange Jalapeno Relish. 


4 bags Ocean Spray fresh cranberries (washed and pick out any soft cranberries)
Zest from 2 oranges
2 oranges sectioned and chopped
1 red onion chopped
1 1/2 jalapenos minced
1 bunch of cilantro (washed and rough chopped)
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 1/2 cups sugar or to taste

Using a food processor chop up cranberries (leave some whole).  Place in large bowl and add orange zest, oranges, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and ginger.  Mix together well.  Add sugar a little at a time mixing well.  When you get to 2 cups of sugar start tasting and adding sugar until your liking.  Cover and refrigerate overnight. 

Until Next Time,
Pam










2 comments:

  1. That cranberry relish looks incredible. I made cranberry sauce for just me this year - every year the canned stuff (which I admit I like too) and no one touched it but me and Andrew. We loved it. I'm raising a foodie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my hannah all the snoooowmen! WOW! Love it! :) The cranberry relish looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips