Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Meal

  
For the last 3 days I have had a pinched nerve in my neck.  My poor family has had to fend for themselves for meals.  I was going to make Gazpacho Soup this week but it just didn't happen.  I am so glad I waited Happier Than a Pig in Mud posted a Lime Cucumber Salsa that will taste incredible as a garnish for my Gazpacho.

Here in Southern Utah it has been HOT!  Last summer I think the hottest it got was 93 degrees yesterday we just about hit 100 degrees. (So some of you will say that's not hot,  I left Southern California to get away from the heat, I am tired of 115 degree weather) When the weather is hot I'm ready for some light summer meals.  


Gazpacho Soup

2/3 cup red onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons capers
2 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cucumbers, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
3 cans V-8 Spicy Hot Juice, (5.5 oz can, each)
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
3 Tablespoons, red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large jalapeno, minced
1 lime, zest and juiced
Avocado, cubed
Sour Cream
Lime Cucumber Salsa

In a food processor mince onion and capers. Add tomatoes, cucumbers and bell pepper, pulse five or six times and transfer to a large bowl.  Stir in V-8 Juice, cilantro, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, Tabasco, garlic, jalapeno and lime.  Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (overnight even better)
Garnish with with sour cream, avocado and Lime Cucumber Salsa.


Lime Cucumber Salsa
1 large cucumber, diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
3 green onions, chopped (I used red onions since it was in the soup)
1 jalapeno, cleaned and diced
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped
1 teaspoon lime zest
juice from 1 lime
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Mix everything together and let mingle in fridge for at least 2 hours



Today is my Anniversary and I am happy to say I am so lucky to be married to the most wonderful guy for 28 years and a total of 35 years together.  I am truly Blessed.


Until Next Time,
Pam







2 comments:

 
Blogging tips