Friday, May 31, 2013

Blackberry Swirl Pie

It seems like the only time I make pie is in the fall and it is usually apple, pecan or pumpkin pies.  This summer I want to make an effect to make more pies. I was surfing the net checking out pie recipes while visiting Better Homes and Gardens Online I came across a beautiful pie and I had all the ingredients on hand. Can you ask for anything more simple to make and it only has 6 ingredients.  It's a sign I have to make this pie.  I used frozen blackberries that way I can keep on track on using everything in my freezer.


Blackberry Swirl Pie

1 recipe single-crust pie pastry or rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust
1 8 oz carton sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh blackberries or 1 16oz bag frozen blackberries

Preheat over to 450 degrees. If using frozen berries allow them to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Prepare pie crust dough and line a 9 inch pie plate.  Line crust with double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 4 minutes.  Remove pie crust and allow to cool. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.

In a bowl mix together sour cream, sugar, flour and salt.  Add blackberries and gently fold them into the sour cream mixture.  Spoon into pre-baked pie crust.  to prevent over browning cover edge of crust with foil and bake 25 minutes (55 minutes if using frozen berries).  Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes until filling is bubbly and appears set.  Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve or cover and refrigerate.

Until Next Time,
Pam


Jam Hands

5 comments:

  1. i wish i'd had this last week. i bought blackberries at the farmers market and this would have been great. i got a great deal on them about 3lbs. for $8.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great price. When I went to make this pie the market didn't even have blackberries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some blueberry in my hand, may be I can try this pie with that. Looks delicious Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be making this pie all the time trying different fruits. Blueberries would be fantastic. I want to try peaches too

      Delete
  4. Your pie sounds delicious! I love different fruit pies, and I'm always looking for new ways to use different fruits in pies! This sounds just delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips