Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer is coming to a end....


Did you miss me?  After a few family emergencies and a much needed break I am back.


I know it's August and you are at the end of your family vacations, getting the kids off to camp, going to the beach or pool, backyard bbq's, and the kids sporting events just to name a few things that have kept you busy this summer.  And now it's time to start getting the kiddo's ready for school.  I am going to add one more item to that list and don't hate me....The Holidays. 



Do you want a stress free holiday season?  Who doesn't!  It's time to start planning now.  Go out a buy yourself a notebook just for the holidays and keep it in your purse or backpack and take it everywhere you go.  Jot down ideas that pop into your head. 

Last year I was having a hard time getting through the holidays.  I had planned to blog recipes, shopping, decorating then my daughter moved out and not just a few miles away but 7 hours away.  I lost interest and did nothing on my blog or in my home.  I'm done feeling sorry for myself and getting into the holiday spirit.  

I bought my notebook and I have put on the Christmas Music to start getting in the mood and started going through recipes, getting ideas for decorating and shopping which I will be sharing with you from now until next year.   

Important Dates

Halloween - October 31st (Thursday)
Thanksgiving - November 28th (Thursday)
First Day of Hanukkah - November 29th (Friday)
Black Friday - November 29th (Friday)
Cyber Monday - December 2nd (Monday)
Christmas - December 25th (Wednesday)
New Years Eve - December 31st (Tuesday)
New Years Day - January 1st (Wednesday)
Super Bowl XLVIII - February 2nd (Sunday)

There's an App for that

Haunted Halloween Escape from TeraLumina Games - Free
Chow Thanksgiving from CBS Interactive - Free
TGI Black Friday from Ecatcher, Inc - Free
Butterball Cookbook Plus from Publications International - Free
Light My Fire: A Hanukkah App from The Jewish Museum - Free
Jewish Days from Kosher Penguin LLC - 99 cents
Christmas Music 10,000 Free from Zaggle, Inc - Free
White Christmas from sknetworksinternet - Free
The Christmas List from Limbua.com - 99 cents
Dreamdays Countdown to the Days that Matter Lite - from Yao Liu - Free
New Year Countdown from Sevenlogics, Inc - Free
All My New Years Resolutions 2013 from KakE Software - 99 cents
Achieve It! from Quenton Jones - Free
Party Planner iParty Delux from Netanel Vision - $1.99
PlanBe, Calendar & Task Organizer from NemusTech - $3.99

I am hoping to inspire you to get into the holiday spirit early, give you ideas for gifts shopping or homemade, decorating, parties and wonderful recipes.  

Until Next Time,
Pam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips