Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Black-Eyed Pea and Corn Salad

It's going to be one of those days...I'm totally a loss for words.  I could talk about the weather...right now we have a cloud sitting on us and I can't see 5 feet in front of me, that's pretty boring.  I could talk about my day...Hmm, I've got nothing.  Letting out a heavy sigh - that just about sums it up.

Instead of sitting here staring at a computer screen which looks like it could be for hours trying to think of something clever to write about.  I think I should just get to the recipe.  




Black-Eyed Pea and Corn Salad

2 15oz cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
2 cups fresh corn or 2 15oz cans of corn
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
2 large jalapeños, seeded and diced
3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 red onion, chopped
1 bunch green onions including greens, sliced
1 bunch cilantro, rough chop

Dressing

2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup canola oil
3 cloves garlic, mined
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
lime zest
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 tablespoon sugar

Chop and slice all your salad ingredients and place in a large bowl.  In a jar with a lid put all your dressing ingredients place the lid on and shake hard until all incorporated.  Pour over salad and give it a toss.  Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.


Jam Hands

1 comment:

  1. Delicious black eyed pea corn salad, next time when I buy corn I will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips