Monday, September 9, 2013

Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownies

It's Sunday, football is on the TV and on the internet (my team is not being televised) it's raining and it's in the 50's.  With this chilly weather I'm enjoying a nice big hot cup of coffee.  That's when it hits me...I want some brownies. 

 I was checking out recipes on the web and seeing what I had in my pantry.  Hershey's brownies won out...with just a little bit of tweaking. (not to be confused with Twerking)  The recipe below contains my tweaks. I also tweaked the frosting recipe just a tad.  I have the link to Hershey's for their recipe for the brownies and frosting.


Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownies 

3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter, melted and divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups AP flour
2 teaspoons finely ground instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2  cup peanut butter chips

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees and grease a 13x9x2 pan

Stir together cocoa and baking soda in a large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter.  Add boiling water stir until batter thickens.  Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter, until smooth.  Add flour, instant coffee and salt, blend completely. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.  Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.  Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.

One Bowl Frosting

6 tablespoons butter
2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup strong coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat butter in a medium bowl or a stand up mixer. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk/coffee beating to a spreading consistency.  (additional milk or coffee may be needed) Stir in vanilla.




2 comments:

  1. I have to try the one bowl frosting. These look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good god, they look so appetizing. Hahah "Not to be confused with twerking" you are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips