Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Spicy Sausage Bean Dip

Can you believe the first NFL game of the season is tomorrow. The Broncos and the Ravens are going to kick the season off.  Yes I am a little bit Giddy - Not just because I get to fix some game day food but because I love football.  



Thursday September 5th 6:30 (MT)


Do you fix a big spread hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks or do you keep it simple with some manly kick ass finger foods?
I like to trade off - some days I will fix hot dogs and potato salad and other times I just like a bunch of different small bites
No matter what you fix I think you need to have a great dip that everyone can enjoy throughout the game.  Here is one of my favorite dips a Spicy Sausage Bean Dip.




Spicy Sausage Bean Dip

3 links Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (remove from casings)
2 16oz cans refried beans
1 onion, chopped small and divided
1 4 oz can chopped roasted jalapeños 
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle 
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup chopped black olives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salsa 

In a skillet cook sausage until crumbly and no pink remove from skillet to a paper towel to drain.  Place 1/2 the chopped onions in the skillet with the sausage grease, add chipotle and cumin and sauté for 5 minutes.  In a saucepan over medium heat add refried beans and half the can of jalapeños and the sautéed onions, heat through.  Spread the refried beans in a casserole dish, top with sausage and cheese. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven cook until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.

Remove from oven top with the remaining raw onions, jalapeños, olives and salsa.  Serve with tortilla chips, extra salsa and sour cream.

Who are you rooting for?

I am a die-hard New Orleans Saints Fan


1 comment:

  1. I think I might try this. I have all the ingredients already and i LOVE refried beans! I also think its awesome how your title of the dish looks like it belongs on that bowl, good job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips