Monday, January 27, 2014

Cake Batter Pecan Cheesecake

This weekend was one of those lets see what I can concoct in the kitchen with ingredients I have on hand.  Every time I opened the refrigerator a package of cream cheese was front and center, there was my first ingredient.  Now do I want to go savory or sweet....sweet won since we were having chili for dinner.  I didn't have enough graham crackers to do a crust for a cheesecake but I did have a box of yellow cake mix, that will do.  Like a mad scientist I started putting it all together and what I came up with was a cake batter cheesecake.
































Cake Batter Pecan Cheesecake

Crust

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted

Filling

1 8oz package cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
reserved cake mixture
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Caramel Sauce

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Crust: for a 9 inch springform pan.  In a bowl add cake mix, graham cracker crumbs and melted butter mix together.  Remove a 1/2 cup of the mix and set aside.  Press the cake mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.

Filling: With an electric mixer cream the cream cheese and sugar; add eggs one at a time making sure eggs is incorporated each time, add vanilla mix thoroughly.  Pour over the crust.  In a bowl mix the leftover cake mixture, brown sugar and pecan pieces.  Sprinkle on top of batter and take a knife and carefully swirl around.  Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until set.  Allow to cook 15 minutes then take a knife around the edge to loosen crust from pan.  Remove springform and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.  Drizzle with caramel sauce.






3 comments:

  1. Delicious slice Pam I wish I can do a taste test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesecake is my weakness. I have never tried making it myself before though.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips