Monday, January 20, 2014

Italian Cheese Dip

Round 3 of Football Grub...My very best friend Jenny over at Mad Rantings of Andrew's Mom sent me two purple skillets that I am absolutely in love with.  I was dying to use them right away.  I have been wanting to make a hot cheese dip to serve while we were watching the football game.  I had an idea what I wanted to throw together and I happened to have everything on hand.  It only took about 10 minutes to make this dip and it is packed with flavor.  Don't let the anchovies scare you away from this dish, they give it a ton of flavor without the extra salt and you won't even know they are in there.

Italian Cheese Dip


2 anchovy filets, in oil
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup roasted peppers, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
3 green onion whites, sliced
2 heaping tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 cup Mozzarella, grated
1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
sliced green onions
sliced baguette bread, sliced

In a saucepan or medium heat add olive oil and anchovy filets, sauté until the anchovy has melted.  Add cream cheese, peppers, olives, green onions, sun dried tomatoes and garlic.  Stir until cream cheese has melted.  Add mozzarella and romano cheese until melted.  Pour into a small skillet sprinkle with a little more romano cheese and place under the broiler until cheese has melted and starting to brown.  Sprinkle with the green onion slices and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. This dip sounds incredibly delicious! Who doesn't love a melty, cheesy dip? I'm going to print this and make it one day soon. Too bad I don't have a purple skillet to make/serve it in! LOL. How fun! That Jenny ;)
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam I'm so happy you love them. I thought they were you. I got a set for me too in purple. Renee I have a blue set. .....for????

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips