Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 17: A photo from a trip you'll never forget

In 2001 Kellogg's was giving away trips to Disney World and a 4 Day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas in a second chance drawing.  I started sending in entries from the time the sweep opened until it closed.  I put in approx 300 entries.  The day before Thanksgiving FedEx dropped off a Next Day envelope inside I found out I won the trip.  Since it was a Disney trip I let Anna take a friend with us and she chose her best friend to this day Jacqui.  

We left in August 2002 I thought I knew humidity spending my summers in the midwest but boy Florida is the winner when it comes to humidity.  Nothing could put a damper on this vacation.  We stayed 3 days at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and had access to all the parks.  

The best part of the whole trip was the Cruise



We sailed on the Disney Wonder and stopped at a few ports but by far my favorite was Disney's private Island Castaway Cay.  The girls went on a Teen Cruise, Glass Bottom Boat (not the best choice) and swimming with the dolphins.  They both got their hair braided.  The ship was great, so was the food and the staff was wonderful.  We even got upgraded to a cabin with a veranda.  I shed a lot of tears on this trip.  I don't know if I could have gone on this cruise if it wasn't for Kellogg's.  Thank you Thank you!

Here are just a couple photos (all my photos are still packed away due to the move)



Until Next Time,
Pam






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips