Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fontina Spinach

I know this isn't the greatest photo of the Fontina Spinach but it was the best one of the bunch and I really want to share this easy recipe with you.  My husband loves spinach and said I could make it this way from now on.

We had this last week along with my Spicy Mustard Maple Chicken.  I think I need to stop at the market today so I can fix the spinach again....this is making me hungry.































Fontina Spinach

1/2 cup of pancetta, diced
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 bunches or bags of fresh spinach
3/4 cup of fontina cheese, cut into cubes
salt and pepper to taste

In a dutch oven cook pancetta until just about crispy; half way through add red pepper flakes.  Add wine and allow the wine to cook down by half.  Add garlic; stir for 2 minutes.  Add spinach; stirring until the leaves are wilted but still large; salt and pepper to taste.  Spread spinach out so it is lining the bottom of the dutch oven and turn off heat.  Top the spinach with the fontina cheese; cover and let sit for 2 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.


1 comment:

 
Blogging tips