Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My January BeshBox

I am a sucker for getting packages in the mail.

I am a sucker for the monthly boxes surprising you with goodies, you might or might not need.

I signed up for the BeshBox and could not be happier with the contents.  I know I'm late getting my post done for the January BeshBox but better late than never, right!

First what is a BeshBox....Chef John Besh has put together a culinary box of goodies from tools to food.

What I love about the BeshBox so much thought has gone into each box.  Here is what you will get:

Every box is a theme - I love that idea
Your box comes with recipes that go with the items in your box - How great is that!
There is a shopping list to go with those recipes - Makes my life easier
You also get a playlist of songs to listen to while you are cooking and dancing around the kitchen, it's like John has been watching me in my kitchen
Cocktail pairing to complete the dish - I always need help in that department
and one of my favorite things - John Besh donates proceeds from the boxes and gives you an overview of that months charity - January's charity was Drew Bree's The Brees Dream Foundation, improving the quality of life for cancer patients, and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need.

January - Game Day





















































Here is a list of the above items:

Dried Canellini Beans, a test-tube of Mexican Oregano, a wooden spoons, Arugula seeds, a football ice mold, a chefs towel, a jalapeƱo pepper corer and cornmeal.  Don't you love the astro-turf in the bottom of the box.

I will do better on my February box which is going out in the mail today.

February's Theme - Mardi Gras I just know I'm going to love that box.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Littledeer available at Williams Sonoma http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/littledeer-wooden-pot-scoop-spoon/?pkey=e%7Cwooden%2Bspoons%7C8%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C8&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

      Delete
  2. Ah! I love subscription boxes and this one sounds amazing. I have read and researched a few other culinary type boxes and this one looks and sounds much better. They likely don't ship to Canada though, none of the good ones do :( Can't wait to see Februarys box.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips