Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Super Fast and Easy French Dip Sandwiches

I joined a Ladies Bowling League last fall and bowl every Monday night unless I can't get to town due to snow (like a week ago).   I try to fix fast and easy dinners so I can clean up and get to bowling by 6pm and not feel as though I have rushed.

I love french dip sandwiches and my favorite is found in California at Philippes, The Original if you are ever in Los Angeles, this is a place you have to stop at and remember to order their pickles and pickled eggs to go with your sandwich.  Just a heads up the pork dip is the bomb! ?are they still using that expression?

This is my quick and tasty version of a French Dip Sandwich using deli meat, a great sandwich without spending hours of time slow cooking the roast beef.





















Super Fast & Easy French Dip Sandwiches

1/2 pound deli roast beef rare, sliced thin
1 can beef consommé (I used Campbell's)
1 can french onion soup (I used Campbell's)
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
4 french rolls
8 slices swiss cheese, thick slice
mustard or cream horseradish

In a sauce pan over medium heat, bring beef consommé, french onion soup and herbs to a light boil.  Add deli roast beef, cook until meat is heated through.  You can either cut your rolls in half or cut so you make a pocket.  Spread the inside of the roll with mustard and or cream horseradish.  (I like to take Dijon mustard and mix the cream horseradish together).  Take the beef broth and pour over the inside of the bread.  Take one slice of the swiss cheese cut in half and place on the side of the roll.  Stuff with roast beef, pour more of the broth the top of the meat and place another slice of swiss cheese.  Place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.  Serve with a side of dill pickles and extra broth for dipping.

Note: You want to use rare roast beef as it will cook in the beef broth

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I'll make these one night when I don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips