Monday, October 10, 2011

The Best Kind Of Avalanche

When Anna got back from California she complained that she checked out my blog and wanted to know why I did all that baking when she was gone.  Well for one I seem to have a lot more time on my hands she is away.  She will be heading to California again in a week so I wanted to make her something she really loves.  I started checking out recipes for the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's Avalanche Bark.  I was surprised to see how many recipes were out there and they were all very close.  Here is the recipe I went with.  This will make great gifts for Christmas.

Avalanche Bark
Food.com - KatyMamma


1 12oz bag White Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Melt white chocolate chips and peanut butter.  Mix together with rice cereal in a separate bowl.  Wait until the mixture has come to room temperature (do not refrigerate at this point).  Once it has cooled add the marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and mix together.  Place in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish.  Lightly press down (pressing down to much will cause it to get too hard).  Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Cut into squares makes approx 20.

***

Yesterday Anna made some mini cupcakes.  She was very unhappy with the recipe and that the cupcakes came out very dense.  It could be our high altitude and we will need to work on adjusting the recipe in order for them to come out moist.  Anyone out there have any suggestions for high altitude baking?  The cupcakes came out pretty and I thought I would share them with ya'll.



Bill said he is burned out on sweets (gasp) so I better start fixing something he will enjoy.

***

Not too much going on today here at Rancho Delux.  We have already been to town we needed a new battery for "The Beast" (snow plow).  Now to start doing some laundry and housework.  At least Olive knows how to relax.

Until Next Time,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that bark looks really incredible. I can't focus on anything but the bark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! Found you by searching for this deliciousness- and this delivered! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips