Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Asian Inspired Cucumbers and Radishes

I have been in the mood for fast pickling cucumbers the kind you can start snacking on by the next day.
I was cleaning out my fridge and had an open container of hoisin sauce and it hit me I should make some Hoisin Cucumbers.  They came out better than I thought.




Asian Inspired Pickled Cucumbers and Radishes

Hoisin Pickled Cucumbers

1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 cups water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon chinese 5 spice seasoning
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Slice thinly the cucumber and radishes place in a colander and sprinkle with salt let sit for 30 minutes.  In a saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil the remaining ingredients and boil for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool.  Rinse cucumbers and radishes pat dry and place in one or two canning jars or place in a mixing bowl.  Pour pickling mixture over the veggies cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.  Will keep for 5 days.

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips