Monday, March 4, 2013

Basic French Toast

Lately it seems like I have been craving different breakfast dishes.  For 2 weeks I was craving poached eggs, now I've been craving french toast and while I was making french toast for myself I decided that once a month I am going to share a different french toast recipe.  I'm going to start with basic french toast which is so simple you really don't even need to measure the ingredients just eyeball it which makes it so easy to make french toast for one person or 8 people.



Basic French Toast for Four

8 slices bread (white, wheat, cinnamon, whatever you have on hand)
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
butter
syrup
powdered sugar

Heat a skillet on medium heat.  Mix together milk, eggs, vanilla and incorporate well.  Add a dollop of butter to the skillet.  Place bread one at a time in egg mixture coating both sides, place bread in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.  Top with butter, powdered sugar and syrup and serve with a side of fresh fruit.  Yes, it's that simple what you don't want to do is get the pan too hot.  

Not going to lie after I took this photo I added more powdered sugar I love powdered sugar on french toast with a real buttery maple syrup.

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips