Monday, March 25, 2013

Recreating A Favorite Dish - Red Cabbage Slaw

When we left California we left a lot of our favorite places to eat.  There is no way I can visit all my favorite restaurants when I go back for a visit.  It was time to start making those dishes here. I was thinking about this red cabbage slaw that I use to get at a restaurant in California.  I decided it was time to recreate that salad plus add a little of me into it.  The me part?  The cilantro which I love and could put in about everything and the blue cheese. 



Red Cabbage Slaw
 with Blue Cheese

1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasonings salt
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup rough chopped cilantro
your favorite blue cheese dressing (you can substitute ranch dressing)
crumbled blue cheese
2 green onions, sliced

In a mason jar add vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, seasonings salt, onion power, celery seed, garlic salt and salt and pepper.  Screw on lid and shake the heck out of it.  Place thinly sliced red cabbage in a large zip lock bag, pour dressing over cabbage and seal bag.  Toss around until completely coated.  Keep in refrigerator 5 hours or overnight, every so often shake bag throughout the day.  Before plating add cilantro and give it a toss.  Plate and drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with crumbled blue cheese and sliced green onions.  This recipe can be easily double for a pot-luck.

Until Next Time,
Pam
Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest

1 comment:

  1. I love cilantro and blue cheese too. And the manwiches on the previous post yum!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips