Friday, March 15, 2013

Monthly French Toast - Mango Apple & Brie

Here is my first French Toast recipe after the Basic French Toast recipe post. I was suppose to wait until April to post this blog, but it's so good I had to share it early.   

I have been thinking about this recipe ever since I got a jar of Sunchowders Emporia's Mango Apple Chutney.  I wasn't sure what to call the french toast since it also has bacon and pecans in it.  Since the star of this french toast is the Chutney and Brie I thought the name was fitting. 

Really one of these french toast is enough for one person but since I had it just for the two of us I put both french toast sandwiches on one plate for the photo.  The recipe itself is for 4 sandwiches.



Mango Apple and Brie French Toast

8 slices artisan bread (I used ciabatta)
Brie cheese
Mango Apple Chutney (Sunchowders Emporia)
4 slices cooked bacon
5 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated cinnamon 
butter
syrup
powdered sugar



Cut bread diagonally, spread both sides with Mango Apple Chutney, top one side with brie and chopped bacon on the other side top with toasted pecans, press into chutney and place bread slices together to make 4 sandwiches.  Mix together milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Heat a skillet with a pat of butter.  Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture both sides and place on skillet.  Cook until golden brown on each side.  Top with powdered sugar and syrup, serve with fresh fruit and if you like bacon on the side.

Until Next Time,
Pam

Shared with

Eat At Home Cooks

Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest
Jam Hands

2 comments:

  1. Is it tricky keeping the sandwich fillings from falling out when dipping into the milk/egg mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't bad at all I used my flipper and a spatula to flip them over I lost a few pecans but not enough to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips