Friday, June 7, 2013

Cheese Ravioli and Chicken Alfredo

Freezer update:  Chicken, green beans and 4 cheese ravioli taken out of the freezer, I am still working on my goal to use everything in my freezer.  I am also trying to work on dishes that I am using what I have on hand in the refrigerator.  If you don't have mushrooms on hand use bell peppers there is nothing set in stone that you have to use the veggies I did.  Boy I wish I did have some yellow, red or orange bell peppers they would have tasted delicious sautéed with the onions and garlic.


Cheese Ravioli and Chicken Alfredo

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 tablespoon cajun seasonings
1 20 oz package frozen 4 cheese ravioli, thawed
1 15oz jar of prepared alfredo sauce (I used Classico Roasted Poblano Alfredo)
12 white button mushroom, quartered
1/2 bag frozen cut green beans
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon plus extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup or more parmesan cheese (who doesn't love cheese)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a skillet add some olive oil.  Sprinkle chicken breasts all sides with cajun seasonings and rub seasonings onto the breasts.  Heat skillet with olive oil until hot.  Place chicken breasts in skillet for 3 minutes turn and place skillet into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and cover with foil and allow to cool 20 minutes.

In another skillet heat butter and olive oil, add mushrooms, onions and green beans and sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes, add garlic and stir until garlic has released it's flavor but do not  brown.  Remove from heat.  Cube chicken and place in large bowl, add sautéed veggies, ravioli and Alfredo sauce, stir together and place in a baking dish. Heat in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.  Top with parmesan cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Until next time,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. That is what I am trying to do desperately - use up all of these things in the freezer. That looks great Pam.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips