Friday, June 14, 2013

Marinated Mushrooms

When you go to a deli and are looking at all the salads does your eyes go straight to the marinated mushrooms?  Mine do, I love mushrooms every kind, every way, they make me happy.  The only thing I don't like is they are pretty expensive at the deli.  So why not make them yourself.  They are so simple to make and better than what you will get at the deli. 

The marinated mushrooms are great to take to a picnic, serve with antipasto, chop them up and put on top of your sub or meatball sandwich. 


Marinated Mushrooms

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup white wine vinegar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
1 packet McCormick Gourmet Sweet Basil and Oregano Bruschetta Mix
1 small red onion sliced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
1 lb small mushrooms (button or cremini)

With a damp paper towel clean mushrooms and trim bottoms, set aside.  In a deep bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegars, water, salt, pepper, sugar and McCormick Gourmet Sweet Basil and Oregano Bruschetta Mix.  Add onion, garlic, red peppers, mushrooms and mix together.  Let set at room temperature for 4 to 6 hours, give the mushrooms a stir throughout the day.  They can then be stored in the refrigerator.

After the mushroom are gone I usually add another pound of mushrooms or sliced cucumbers or I will use it to make pasta salad. The olive oil mixture is also good to dip your bread in.

Until Next Time,
Pam



4 comments:

  1. Mushrooms are my favorite Pam, this marinated mushroom looks delicious I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mushrooms too and put them in a lot of my dishes. My husband picks them out he is not a fan. The only dish he will eat them is my stuffing at Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. I love mushrooms too....does that skewer look familiar? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you asked if my eyes went to the mushrooms first, I had to stop and think about what they see first...the sad truth is that they see the grated cheese!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips