Friday, May 11, 2012

Asian Chicken

I bought the economy pack of chicken breast and thighs and yes there are only three of us but I love leftovers and I am thinking that chicken egg rolls might be nice. 



Asian Chicken

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
5 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
4 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (I used Tuong Ot Toi Viet-Nam)
6 pounds chicken pieces with skin and bones

Whisk first 8 ingredients together and place in a large zip lock bag.  Add chicken and squish around (technical term) place in the refrigerator for 10 to 24 hours, turning several times.  

Remove chicken from refrigerator while oven is heating to 475 degrees.  Spray baking dish with Pam and place chicken skin side up.  Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is done.  The sauce is so good on the rice. This recipe can be divided in half. 

Now to work on a chicken egg roll recipe.

Until Next Time,
Pam



2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,
    I am writing to let you know you won a gift card from our Holiday with Matthew Mead/Flea Market Finds Mother's Day giveaway. I have been unable to find your email address, so I am hoping this message finds you. To claim your prize, please email me with your full name and mailing address to: holidaymag(at)gmail(dot)com.

    Cheers,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips