Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sundays With Joy Week 3 and 4

I missed last weeks Sundays With Joy post for the Leek and Asparagus Quiche.  I am posting on the quiche today along with Week 4 Avocado Fries.

The Leek and Asparagus Quiche was very simple to make.  I noticed that many of us from the Sundays With Joy group added one more ingredient and that was bacon.  This quiche is very tasty and I loved using the puff pastry for the crust.  Definitely on my make again list. 


Now on to Week 4 Avocado Fries.  You need to be organized and take your time, I was not.  I was trying to make these plus make bison burgers for dinner.  I called my daughter in to watch the burgers and help me with turning the avocado fries and taking them out of the pan.  The fries are a lot of work but they are worth it.  I just will make sure that whatever I am making with it can be prepared ahead of time and baked in the oven.


I served the Avocado Fries with a dip which is my own recipe

Wasabi Ranch Dip

1 cup ranch dressing 
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon cream style horseradish
3/4 teaspoon wasabi powder
2 teaspoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
few drops of green food coloring

Mix all ingredients together.  Put in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving

To make any of Joy's recipes you can order a copy of her cookbook Joy The Baker: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes

If you would like to join the Sundays With Joy Group on Facebook click HERE

Until Next Time,
Pam



3 comments:

  1. Everything looks great - and I am proud of Bill - my old dog won't learn new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great - i didnt find them to be too bad time wise - i found that by coating them all first then preparing the rest of dinner and cooking all at once it was fine. that wasabi ranch dip looks amazing - i am so trying that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great and the dip sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips