Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes

The Utah summer games are going on this month.  Today's event is cycling and our road will be closed from 10am until 6pm.   There is no other way in or out so we will be shut-ins for the day.  This will be perfect day to start making my to-do list and packing for our trip next week.  It is nice to have a day that you do not have to rush around you can just take your time and get things done without any distractions.

I made this mashed potato dish the night before all I have to do is heat it up tonight along with some leftovers.  


Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes


4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onion, grated
1 stick of butter, cut into cubes
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon Slap Yo Mamma seasonings
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cheedar cheese, shredded
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
extra butter

Boil potaotes until fork tender, drain and add to large mixing bowl. Add onion, butter, milk, pepper and seasonings beat until smooth. Stir in cheese. Place in a baking dish sprinkle with bread cumbs and dab with butter over top of bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated through and bread crumbs have browned.

Until Next Time,
Pam




1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm such an Irish girl I love me potatoes (yes, me potatoes) but Jim doesn't like them - (he is a bad Irish boy) - so we seldom have them! I may make these for me and Andrew some night - just need some Slap Yo Mamma.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips