Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pina Colada Dump Cake

I was in the mood for cake however, my husband does not like cake.  Personally I love cake but I don't want to make a big cake if I'm the only one eating it.  I decided to make a dump cake I figured my husband would like it with fruit that way it's more like a cobbler.  There are only 3 of us so I decided to scale it down.



Pina Colada Dump Cake

20 oz can crushed pineapple, do not drain
10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and stems removed
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup Malibu Coconut Rum
1/2 a bag of yellow cake mix
4 tablespoons butter, sliced

In a 8 x 8 baking dish dump pineapple, cherries, coconut and rum and mix together.  Sprinkle cake mix on top and lightly pat down.  Place slices of the butter on top of bake mix place in a preheated 350 degree oven.  Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.  Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

My family loved it and are looking forward to having it again.

Until Next Time,
Pam

ps...I didn't even know yesterday was Pina Colada Day

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this one - you know I love pina coladas!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips