Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Johnsonville - Brat Cocktail Entry

I entered my recipe in the Johnsonville Brat-Cocktail contest for a Weber Gas BBQ.  I have been whining to my husband since last summer that I want a gas bbq grill.  We are not allow to have open fires with wood or charcoal  since we live in a high fire area.   In California I BBQ'ed all year round. I miss BBQ'ing so much. Crossing my fingers that this recipe is a winner.

To enter the contest or view the enteries go to Johnsonville's Facebook Page and while you are there give The Southern Gentlement some LOVE by clicking on the Tongs.



The Southern Gentlemen

Package of Johnsonville Beef Brats
1 cup Bourbon 
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, cut in half thin slices
1 large yellow pepper, sliced thin
salt and pepper, to taste
2teaspoons honey
a shot of the brat bath
Deli Rolls, split and toasted
spicy mustard
smoked gouda cheese, grated

Heat  bourbon and chicken broth in a sauce pan.  Add Johnsonville Beef Brats and let simmer for 20 minutes. Heat olive oil in a sautee pan, add onion and peppers cook low and slow until tender about minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste, honey and a shot of the brat bath and cook for an additional 4 minutes.

Toast deli rolls add mustard to taste, add onions and peppers and top with smoked gouda and place under broiler just until cheese starts to lightly brown.  Serve with Bush's Honey Baked Beans and Cole Slaw. 

Kick back with these Southern Gentlemen and a shot of bourbon. 

Until Next Time,
Pam







1 comment:

 
Blogging tips