Monday, April 29, 2013

Beef Taquitos with Guacamole

Cinco de Mayo is coming up this weekend. Are you hosting a party or going to a party?  This year I thought it would be nice to try something new.  I have never made taquitos this is my first attempt. They are not as easy as I thought they would be and after a few mishaps of the tortilla tearing I finally was on a roll, pun intended.  They are worth the effort.


Beef Taquitos
with Guacamole

12 corn tortillas
shredded mexican beef (recipe HERE)
1/2 onion, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
vegetable oil
guacamole (recipe HERE note I did add chopped tomatoes to this recipe)

With a small amount of oil in a skillet sauté onion, jalapeño and garlic for a few minutes.  Add shredded beef and heat through.  Take off heat and add cilantro.  Heat oil in a skillet place tortilla in oil and turn once just to soften tortilla.  Drain on paper towel add some of the shredded beef mixture to the tortilla and roll up use a toothpick to hold in place.  Do the same with the rest of the tortillas.  Add more oil and heat on medium high.  When hot add taquitos 3 at a time cook until golden brown remove toothpicks and turn over and cook until golden brown remove onto a paper towel.  Top with guacamole.

Until Next Time,
Pam






3 comments:

  1. I am going to try this dish delicious .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make just about every mexican food under the sun, yet have never done these! Obviously, I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my luck the filling would fall out while frying them. (I really like taquitos but never thought to try making them myself)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips