Monday, April 8, 2013

Grilled Pineapple Curry Tuna Salad

Last week I was in California for my daughter's 24th Birthday.  I told her we were unable to make it and Monday we showed up at her work and surprised her.  She walked over and gave us the biggest hug and was crying.  It was a wonderful week with her and we were lucky that everything worked out on her days off.  We did some shopping and a lot of eating went to places that we don't have here and I ate enough sushi to take care of my cravings for the next few months.  

Now it's time to start eating a bit more healthy and every so often indulge in some not so healthy foods. 

However, this weekend I did enjoy this Grilled Pineapple Curry Tuna Salad.  


Grilled Pineapple Curry Tuna Salad

6.4 oz pouch Sunkist Chunk Light Tuna packed in water
3 tablespoons Light Miracle Whip
1 can pineapple rings
2 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
pinch of salt
Fresh Gourmet Sliced Almonds - Honey Roasted

Drain pineapple reserving 2 teaspoons of pineapple juice.  Grill pineapple rings on both sides until lightly golden with grill marks.  Place tuna in bowl add Miracle Whip, pineapple juice, curry powder, salt and mix together.  When grilled pineapple is cooled take 3 of the rings and cut into bite size pieces and mix into the tuna.  Scoop out a serving of tuna mixture sprinkle with almond slices and serve with remaining pineapple rings.

Now to pop in my Turbo Fire DVD and do some workouts.

Until Next Time,
Pam
Jam Hands

2 comments:

  1. I would make this with chicken. Did you go to Wokcano?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not go to Wokcano went to Kabuki and another Sushi restaurant, also Lazy Dog and a Hipsters Beer joint (Bill and I were out of our element, lol) and Chipolte.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips