Friday, April 19, 2013

Lemon Pasta Salad

With warmer weather and April showers it is finally feeling and looking like spring especially after getting 6 inches of snow a week ago.  I should have daffodils popping up any day now.  I'm now in the mood for pasta salads and to kick off spring I'm going for a light and fresh Lemon Pasta Salad.  One of things I love about pasta salads it can be a side dish or a meal in it's self.  If I pick up a rotisserie chicken I will use half of it in my pasta salad.


Lemon Pasta Salad

1 lb box of your favorite pasta (I used Mostaccioli)
2 overflowing cups fresh baby spinach
1 1/2 cups red cherry tomatoes
1 8oz brink of swiss cheese, cut into bite sized cubes
asiago cheese

Lemon Vinaigrette

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
lemon zest from one lemon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box.  Allow to cool along enough to handle.  Place pasta, spinach, tomatoes and cheese in a large zip lock bag.  In a jar add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon pepper, salt, oregano, sugar and red pepper flakes.  Place lid on and shake until emulsified.  Allow vinaigrette to sit for 20 minutes.  Give vinaigrette another good shake and poor into the bag of pasta.  Shake bag around until everything is well coated and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before placing in a serving container top with grated asiago cheese. 

Until Next Time,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. This pasta salad would be very welcome on my table! I've been craving them too! Love that lemony bright vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips