Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chicken Salad

It's time to start planning Mother's Day.  Are you taking your mom out to lunch or dinner.   When we were living in California Mother's Day was CRAZY every restaurant was packed and loud.  As a mom I didn't not find it enjoyable so we went either the week before or the week after Mother's Day.  Then on Mother's day you can enjoy a nice luncheon at home.  (Just make sure you do the dishes for her too)

Chicken Salad is always a nice luncheon go to dish.  The cranberries and jelly added to the mayonnaise adds a nice sweetness that is not expected. Pecans or toasted almonds would also be a nice surprise.  


Chicken Salad

4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablepoons Jalapeño Apricot Jelly
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup OceanSpray Craisins Cranberries - Pomegranate
fresh spinach leaves
4 slices swiss cheese
4 Croissants

Mix together mayonnaise, jelly, pepper and salt.  Add cut up chicken and cranberries to mayo mixture and mix thoroughly. If too dry add a little more mayo you don't want it too wet.  Slice croissants add cheese, spinach and chicken salad to make sandwiches or serve on a bed of lettuce as a salad.

Until Next Time,
Pam

3 comments:

  1. I love chicken salad in the summertime...I add cranberries & walnuts to mine...love the contrast of the chewiness & crunchiness.

    No kids left at home to spoil me on Mother's Day...guess I'll just have to treat myself for a job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, that is a fab chicken salad. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips