Thursday, September 8, 2011

Game Day - Saints Vs Packers


This day has finally gotten here - Opening Season of Football  (Que Fan Uproar)

What a better way to start the official first game but with my beloved Saints (the gates of heaven have opened and the Angels are singing) oh and those Packers, sorry Jacqui.

I've been talking a lot of Smack when it comes to my Saints so boys don't let me down!

What goes with Football - Football Food of course.

Tonight's Menu

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cornbread
Nachos

I am making The Pioneer Woman Chicken Tortilla Soup with a few minor changes for my taste.  Instead of green bell pepper (not my favorite) I've added orange bell pepper and one jalapeno.  Otherwise it is the same recipe.  Let me tell you the chicken smells amazing. Gotta love the cumin, chili pepper and garlic it goes all through the house.  Make extra of the chicken perfect for chicken salad the next day.

I'm cheating on the cornbread but I must say it is the best.  I love Jiffy Brand cornbread and the price makes it all the richer.  I use 2 boxes of the cornbread mix and double the ingredients on the box.  I then add my own flare 11/2 teaspoons of Cayenne pepper,  4oz can green chiles, half way through cooking I sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.  Following the box baking instructions sometimes it needs to go a few minutes longer.  Since I live at 7100 feet I do have to bake mine longer.

Nachos do not have to be complicated.  Corn tortilla chips, a can of refried beans, jack and cheddar cheese mixture and toppings.  I like to make sure every chip has beans on it.  Sprinkle with cheese (a good amount) and put in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes, make sure cheese has melted.  Then the best part are the toppings black olives, chopped red onions, jarred jalapenos, sour cream, salsa and guacamole.  I like to serve extra chips on the side with my nachos.  For easy clean up I buy the disposable aluminum pizza trays.

I know what your thinking where is the dessert it is not complete without the dessert.  I'm glad you asked here is a simple delicious dessert you can make ahead of time.  

1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Fudge Brownie Mix
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
6 heaping teaspoons Caramel Sauce (the kind for dipping apples in)

Mix all ingredients together except the caramel sauce mix well.  Spread into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. Spoon dollops of the the caramel sauce onto the brownie mix and take the other end of our spoon and swirl around.  Place in a 350 degree oven for 25 - 28 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.

Until Next Time,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips