Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Bread and Earth & Vine

Saturday I stopped by the market to pick up a few things.  One item was canned pumpkin.  I love Libby's canned pumpkin and I was in shock there was not one can on the shelve only the store brand.  Is this going to be another year of not finding canned pumpkin.  I started to panic!  There was only a handful of store brand pumpkin and I grabbed it up 5 large cans. (my precious)  Now I have to decided which recipes are pumpkin worthy (yep, I'm taking that one from Seinfeld)  Can one down and it is "Pumpkin Worthy"

Pumpkin Bread


1 can 29oz Pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups sugar
6 eggs
4 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat over 350 degrees grease three 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, oil, sugar and eggs. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and all the spices and mix together.  Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well blended.  Divide the batter evenly between loaf pans.  Note: Pecans, walnuts, raisins can be added to this recipe.

Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until top of loaf springs back when lightly pressed.  The bread freezes well.

I made 2 loaves with the recipe above.  The rest of the batter I used my Nordic Flower Pan.  I put a small amount of batter in 3 of the flower molds then I added a heaping tablespoon of the Earth & Vine Mandarin Pumpkin Marmalade and the other two the same amount of the Apricot Chili Pepper Jam I then topped them off with the rest of the batter.  I baked them for 40 minutes.  

If you have not heard of Earth & Vine check them out here.  They have the most incredible products.  Besides their jams I have tried their Blackberry Elixir, mustard's, cranberry shallot relish just to name a few.

Until Next Time,
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips