Friday, September 30, 2011

Homemade Vanilla and Surprises

I am trying my hand at making homemade vanilla.  Not that it is hard a whopping 2 ingredients.  My dilemma started at the liquor store.  What kind of Vodka do I buy.  I'm not a vodka drinker I prefer wine and the occasional Margarita.  I didn't want to go with something cheap or expensive so after starring what seemed to be a hundred different bottles I choose Finlandia. 


Vanilla

1 750ml bottle of Vodka
12 vanilla beans

Place your vanilla beans in a glass jar and pour vodka over and close.  Place in a cool dark place.  I'm going to let my vanilla beans ferment for close to 6 months.  Then place in a dark bottle and it's ready to use.

***

Anna came home yesterday from her vacation to California.  She was gone about a month.  To my surprise my mom gave her 6 cans of Libby's Pumpkin to bring home to me.  You don't know how excited I am to have my favorite canned pumpkin for my holiday baking.

Anna's boyfriend Josh also added a nice surprise for us homemade Kimchi and homemade Korean Pickles (the pickles are for Anna but she has been sharing and they are wonderful and very salty).  I love kimchi and I remember seeing a potato salad recipe made with kimchi on someones blog it sounded very interesting.  Now I just need to find it.

Until Next Time,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips