Sunday, September 18, 2011

Soapmaking Workshop


Yesterday I attended the Bizzybee Retreat Workshops.  I had signed up for the Soapmaking Workshop.

Monique who taught the class did a wonderful job even with a broken collar bone and some broken ribs. Monique showed us how to make bar soap using the hot method, dish soap, dishwasher soap, laundry soap and lotion.  All of this in 3 hours.  We were given recipes, lists of books to help us along and sources to buy what we needed to get started.  Seeing what Monique did during a few short hours I know this is something I could do.  Besides the pride that "I did it myself" you can save major dollars.  With Christmas around the corner just think of the lovely gift baskets you could make with your Handmade Soup and matching Lotion and even bath salts.


The best part we came home with samples to try out.  My family can tell you I am not a fan of lotion but when I got home I tried the lotion and loved it.  

I would love to hear from any of you that make your own household products.  What your experiences are and do you do it for your household, gifts or business.

Here is a list of the other workshops and I look forward to taking many of them at the next retreat they hold.  Bread, Butter and Jam,  Beekeeping, Cheese Making, Keeping a Family Cow,  Pressure Canning,  Natural Medicine and Chickens 101.

I will leave you with another beautiful sunset this one is from last night off of my deck


Until Next Time,
Pam






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips