Friday, February 8, 2013

It's All About The Food For Me

During the 12 days that we did not have water I did a lot of thinking about my blog.  I have found that I don't have the follow through to blog about all the things I had planned to blog about at the first of the year.   Plus there is not much going on here I would be blogging the same thing over and over.  Every now and then I will throw some non cooking into my blog just to mix things up a bit.

I'm going to stick to what I love and that is cooking.  I did very little cooking while we were out of water and I did miss it.  I decided to make these simple cookies for my husband for his day after his birthday since he does not like cake.  It's a little ironic since the cookies are made from a cake mix.



Pineapple Cream Cheese Spice Cookies

1 box Spice Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer.  Form into a little larger than a quarter size balls. Note: cookie dough will spread.  With the bottom of a glass press each ball down.  Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated over for 7 to 8 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a rack to cool completely.

Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting

2 8oz packages of cream cheese room temperature
1/2 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon vanilla seeds (I used the vanilla bean that I used making my own vanilla)
2 cups PLUS powdered sugar
8oz can crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed through cheese cloth

Using an electric mixer mix together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and vanilla seeds. Add the 2 cups of powdered sugar mix thoroughly, mix in pineapple. If the frosting is too thin keep adding powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you get the consistency you desire. The more liquid you get out of the pineapple the better and the less sugar you will use. Pipe frosting onto a cookie and top with the other cookie.

Until Next Time,
Pam


1 comment:

 
Blogging tips