Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kung Pao Chicken from The Chinese Takeout Cookbook

My friend Jenny sent me a message and the link to join the virtual pot luck in honor of The Chinese New Year at Diana's blog Appetite For China.  Jenny has made some wonderful dishes from Diana Kuan's cookbook The Chinese Takeout Cookbook that always looked delicious.

I have always wanted to make Chinese dishes at home but frankly I have been intimated by them and I only lived 6 miles from PF Changs.  Two years ago that changed when I moved to a small Southern Utah town that only offers Panda Express.

Between seeing photos of the dishes Jenny has made and missing good Chinese food it was time for me to dive in and start making my favorite dishes at home.

I chose to make Diana's Kung Pao Chicken - I was surprised on how easy the dish was to make and enjoyed the praise from my husband with every bite he took.  I've already ordered Diana's cookbook from Amazon and looking forward to making the Dan Dan Noodles, General Tso's Chicken and I am fascinated by the Chinese Tea Eggs.


Until Next Time,
Pam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips