Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Recipe: Pumpkin Monkey Bread



Even though we still do not have water (day 12) I wanted to bake I'm going through cooking withdrawals. I picked items in my refrigerator and pantry. I threw these ingredients together to make a Pumpkin Monkey Bread.  

1st try....The bread came out very tasty, easy to put together but nothing to look at.  As they say....looking at the photo....I'm keeping it real. 



Pumpkin Monkey Bread

1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk 
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a monkey bread pan (or bundt pan) with vegetable cooking spray.

Mix the brown sugar and pecans together.  Sprinkle a layer in the bottom of the pan, chop cold butter into small cubes and sprinkle on brown sugar pecan mixture.

Mix together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  Cut biscuits in half place biscuits in the pumpkin mixture and place on top of the brown sugar pecan mixture, 2nd layer - sprinkle with the brown sugar mixtures continue layering until you end with the brown sugar pecan mixture.

Place in center of oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before turning out onto a dish.  Serve warm

***

Now that all of this is said and done - Next time I make this I'm changing a few things.

I'm going to cut the biscuits into 4 pieces.  I will chopped the pecans smaller. I will roll the biscuit pieces in the brown sugar pecans before dipping it into the pumpkin mixture.  Omit butter.

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips