Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Smokey Soy Sauce Eggs

I am a fan of pickled eggs usually when I make them I use beet juice to get those purple pickled eggs.  I saw a recipe for Soy Sauce Eggs were the eggs are hard boiled for about 10 minutes then cooked in the soy sauce for 40 minutes.  Which sounds great if you are making them for tonight's dinner.  

I decided to make these like I make pickled eggs sitting in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to penetrate the whole egg white.  I wanted a smokey flavor to the eggs and added liquid smoke.  

I am really pleased with the flavor of the eggs and after we have eaten the eggs I'm going add another batch of eggs to the jar.


Smokey Soy Sauce Eggs

8 eggs, hard boiled
1 cup soy sauce
2 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thick
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Bring soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger and liquid smoke to a boil.  Boil for 5 minutes, set aside and let cool.  Put peeled hard boiled eggs in a large canning jar poor soy sauce mix over eggs, cover and place in the refrigerator for 7 days before eating.

Until Next Time,
Pam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips